Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Well, with Black Friday also upon us (and being a measly student miles away from my family), I decided that it was a good idea to share my overview of stores and deals after days of shopaholic researching. Note that I have no suburban stores (JCPenney, Kohl’s) because I live in one of the biggest cities in the U.S. and there are none around me.
1) Today: Online shopping! Stores have already started their online sales as of 12 am today and actually have a lot of their in-store deals conveniently online. Since most of them also offer free shipping, it’s quite tempting to stay on your butt and shop from home. What have I bought so far? Well, thanks to PT, I took advantage of the Urban Decay sale last night already, but I’ll keep looking today.
2) All day (?!): Express Although I am not a huge Express fan myself (and I have no idea why they are open all day), I guess they are one place to browse while I wait for other stores to open downtown. They have 50% off everything (also available online) throughout today.
3) 4 PM: Old Navy Old Navy is opening its doors controversially early today with 50% off everything, and the first 100 in line have a chance to be a millionaire. They also have a text-to-win game for 1,000 $200 winners. I might do the texting game, but I don’t think I’ll be standing in line for what is basically a lottery.
4) 6 PM: Macy’s This one actually has some serious doorbusters–I have already placed a hold on a pearl earring set, a memory foam pillow, and a panini grill in our giant store downtown. They are my favorite in terms of placing their entirety of deals online and even letting you make a list–on my list is their $10 Smashbox set and $9 Tarte eyeshadow palette.
5) 8 PM: Sephora Unfortunately, my Sephora does not open at 8 pm *sniff* but I did hear that they have 31 items under $10. Hopefully next year.
6) 8 PM: H&M They have scratch-offs for the first 100 in line and certain percentages off certain amounts spent in store. A bit disappointing, in my opinion.
7) Power sleep!
8) 6 AM: Neiman Marcus Last Call So excited for my first NMLC deal. First 100 in line get gift cards up to $1000 (per store!) on top of 40-60% off everything. Can you say YES?
9) 7 AM: Everything else Our mall opens at 7 am, including about every store you can imagine. Some stores I will be visiting are Banana Republic with 40% off your purchase and 50% off an item until 1 pm, Nordstrom Rack with 30% off all clearance (including designer!), Zara, Mango, and Bath & Body Works…honestly, probably shopping til I drop.